Monday 9 December 2013

Party time!

The year is almost at an end, but that doesn't mean that the work is winding down. Actually, it is getting more intense! I've just spent half my weekend sorting photos for the families to take home. Then there is the Christmas break-up to organise as well. I asked the model train engineers club to host our party again this year and they were very kind in agreeing. The original day that I wanted (today) was booked up though, so we've settled for next Sunday. It is all probably just as well actually, because one of our children had a birthday party on today and the clash would have been terrible for our break-up. As it is, we should have a decent turnout.

Today, I split my native bee hive and tried to kickstart one of my old hive boxes. Not only that though, because the ply separator on my good hive has been eaten by fungi and is no real use any more. So I decided to replace that also. It all meant a lot of disturbance for the bees but the real surprise was the amount of honey they had stored. Once they've recovered a little from the split, I'm coming back for that honey! Sorry, I was covered in sticky resin, honey and about 5 000 angry bees so no pictures.

Shar's down in Brizzy at the moment and having a blast down there I hear. Zem's had eye tests and ultra sounds on his kidneys and he is yet to have some blood taken. Last week, Shar and I went and had some blood taken just to show Zem what happens - what it looks like and that it isn't all that scary after all. We'll wait and see if it has helped in any way.

Zem, Liana and Shar have been all over Brisbane - from what I've been told. Off to Garden City on Friday, South Brisbane SDA Church for Sabbath and then a bus trip out to Wynnum to visit her sister. Today was spent at the museum, which is always a favourite for Zemiel. One of the current exhibits was a robot that mirrored his face expressions, smiles, frowns, eyebrow raises and gurneys!

Well, it's getting a bit late. Best say good night until next time.





No comments:

Banners