Sunday 28 February 2010

We're back!

Finally our internet is back and after so much time I am a little out of the habit of posting. I suppose though, that I shall give a brief run down of what's been going on and hope that it will satisfy. Sharlene is right into the swing of things at school. Time is flying past now that I am at home and the weeks seem to be merging in together, I am really enjoying the relatively stress free days and having weekends where I am not concerned about getting enough sleep or being overly jealous of my time.

Sharlene has started to attend a water aerobics class on Monday afternoons. I am taking the boys to the library for reading, songs and craft on Tuesdays. On Thursday, we go to the SDA church for Mainly Music and on Friday, I have started to take the kids to playgroup. We all were invited to go to the highschool and play indoor hockey today (as a result of which we are feeling quite stiff and sore now). Afterward we went to a friends house and swam in their pool.

We've had a LOT of water here. Well, a lot compared to what the area usually receives. About 10 days ago, the school was closed because all the roads to Queens Beach and the highway, both north and south were cut. Water went through the church hall and it smells quite musty now.

I have been playing some cat and mouse games with Diesel. He has been playing the part of Houdini and escaping from our back and front yards everytime we leave the house. Everytime he has found a way out, I have patched it up. Everytime I patch it up, he finds another way to escape. He has become a fixture at the primary school, which is over our back fence. He is able to scale the fence and that has made it hard to contain him. Several times we have gone to church and he has escaped the yard (after being tied up as well) and followed us. What a faithful dog! What a frustrating situation. I finally have him contained under the house (after some more patch up work), but that is only a short term remedy as he cannot get outside. If we go away for the weekend, there is a dilemma.

Both boys are going well. Azariah is now sitting independently and army crawling around the place. No electrical cable is safe when he is around. Zemiel has improved his diction and vocabulary, his pronounciation of his p's, b's, f's and t's are getting clearer all the time. He is also starting to sight recognise certain letters of the alphabet. Currently he knows, e, o, l, z, q, and s. He has also been impressing us with his counting. Today at hockey he counted the spare balls up to 8.

Well, so much for being brief. I'll put more up another day.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Great to hear from you guys! You must post some photos of your boys as they continue to grow! Love of luv to you all!

Banners