Friday 5 February 2010

Photo editing

Something else that I have been doing in my spare time has been editing some of my favourite photos. I know that this may be taken as 'cheating' but I plead for understanding. Firstly, some of my editing is an effort to recapture the photos that I originally took, added text to, then lost the original, and was left with the text version. So editing out the text from some of those photos is one of the challenges I have undertaken. Secondly, with a few shots, I have tried to remove the impact of man (cars, ships, cityscapes, powerlines) from the picture in order to better exhibit its innate beauty.

Case study 1: Text un-editing
Okay, this took a bit of work but I am pretty proud of my effort to restore this photo to its 'original' awesomeness.


Case study 2: City un-scaping
The edited version of this photo took a long time to produce, and it may not be finished yet. However, I think it worthy of being used as an example.
First, here is the original: a western NSW sunset at Gunnedah, just after the rains.
And now, the edited version. I notice that some picture quality has been lost when it was re-saved. But the general idea is still there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Banners