Tuesday 29 January 2008

Phew!




Goodness has it been hot around here lately. On top of the heat, I've been digging post holes, mixing cement and putting fence posts in the ground. It is all part of my grand scheme to actually make the land out the back of our house usable. It will be retained into two layers. The lower level farthest from the house will be raised 20cm against the fence and the retaining wall will raise the ground level an additional 60cm. It is by far the most ambitious project I've ever done. Next will be the rails and then the steps.

Zem is starting to raise himself up on one side. We noticed it just today. He has been talking a lot as well. He is also starting to suck his fingers a lot more, probably in order to sooth his sore gums when his big front teeth decide to drop.

School is starting up again, so I find myself running out of time to do anything well. I have a new co-teacher this year. She seems to be very competent, although I have had the added stress of trying to ensure that she is up to speed with everything that is going on. I have barely gotten enough done to start the first day! I have much yet to do with my programming, which is likely to take up all my time for most of this semester. Hopefully then it will be completed though.

Diesel is well, however he has gone through a molt and is leaving hair everywhere. Sharlene brushes him down once a day and I think he is starting to really like it.

Anyway, I'll leave with a few pics of Zem's latest movements.

1 comment:

rosie said...

Hey, mum and I are really impressed by Zems photos - he looks like superman !! I also liked the before and after photos of you renos - keep it up. We love you (daniel, sharlene and Zemiel)

Dads having a much better day today! Oh,we just got flooded - know were the problem is - but am not going to fix its a problems with the pipes under our cement pathway - it doesn't rain that much. Today we have received the most rain we have had since being in our house! Mum and dad have brought it down from Mackay!

have been keeping busy with mum and dad watching movies and playing rumikub and Jin! i love it! Well gotta go have lunch and then we will head off to a movie!

Love you all! Mum, rosie - piotr and dad!

Banners