Monday 3 April 2017

Carved in Stone

For the last while I've been experimenting with pumice stone carving. It's been lots of fun and all the kids get excited and try to make their own carvings. It's a great way of wasting an afternoon. Lately, I've been asking Shar to give me a challenge, so she will give me a random subject for me to carve. Today's challenges involved a duck and two linked rings.


We've just experienced cyclone Debbie. We lost power for nearly four days and Shar's cousin Lance came to stay with us as his home in Halliday Bay had to be evacuated. We had some fun playing games cooking with the gas camp stove and using the LED lights on battery. We lost everything in the fridge and freezers but that's fine. None of our trees were destroyed, so we consider ourselves quite blessed. 

Recently I bought a new Apple TV. Now we stream 3ABN, Hope channel, and other edifying programming to our tv. 

Some photos of the carvings:
The duck.
 

The linked rings.
 

Clam.
 

Rounded and edged hearts.
 

 
 

Azariah made a shoe as his carving. It broke a little so he patched it with pva glue.
 

No comments:

Banners