Monday 26 November 2012

Ten Years

This weekend marked ten years of married life for Shar and I. It possibly doesn't seem to be so long when one takes it all in at once, but then again, when we thought about it today, we decided that we actually had done quite a lot in that time. First of all we looked at the individual years.

Year 1: Rockhampton -  in a condemnable house. (We were the last tenants before it was demolished).
Year 2: Bowen and Cooranbong -  living apart. I studied, and Sharlene worked hard to help me do that.
Year 3: Cooranbong - I was studying and Sharlene working while living in another terribly old house. It was once the original farmhouse, then the morgue, then our residence. We also enjoyed our epic drive through the centre of Australia with Luke, just as he met Amy.
Year 4: Cooranbong - Both of us working. Bought our first house in Morriset. Diesel dog joined the family.
Year 5: Morrisett - Both working until our first son Zemiel was born.
Year 6: Morrisett - I worked. We both learned Auslan.
Year 7: Morrisett - I worked and welcomed our second son, Azariah.
Year 8: Bowen - Sharlene worked and I take on being a house dad.
Year 9: Bowen - Sharlene worked till mid year and then I took work in Mackay. Lived apart for a few weeks before Sharlene and boys joined me. Moved into house owned by Sharlene's dad. Welcomed third son, Zekiah.
Year 10: Mackay - bought unit in Mackay. Sharlene return to work part time, besides keeping house, and taking Zemiel to Brisbane every few weeks.

Well that about sums up the years in a nutshell, so to speak. We are still young and definitely have plans for big adventures yet to come.

No comments:

Banners