Monday 9 June 2008

A bit seedy...

Well, Shar and I have now got chooks to put in our new chook pen. We purchased 3 isa brown x new hampshire chickens at 12 weeks of age. They are a pretty brown. Shar's named hers Nancy. I recon I'll call one Penny and Adrian (Shar's brother) has decided to call one Moo. I'm not sure if that will impact on the chook's mental health. I hope it will not affect it's egg production. Diesel has so far adapted pretty well to having some feathered companions in the yard...hasn't tried to climb over or dig under to get to them...yet.

Shar and I bought some grass seed last week and spent some time today mixing it with some sand and sprinkling it throughout the back yard. It's called a parkland mix and should end up growing couch lawn. I still have some sand left to wheel around the back, but that can wait and I hope this seed takes hold. I should know in about a week. The rainy weather should give it a good start as well...if the dog doesn't dig up the whole yard.

Shar and I also went out and bought some polydrain today. Since all the rain down here, we have something of a moat in front of our house at the bottom of the hill. We need to do a bit of surgery on the current down pipes to ensure the water is going to run off correctly. Really it is the first bit of plumbing that we've ever had to do, though it should be loads of fun.



Zem is moving and rolling around the floor like a maniac. Such an active little man. An update on what happened with our most recent visit to Sydney will be posted in the next day or so.

Until then...

No comments:

Banners